PortalHomeCalendarGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Warning! Donations are getting less and less. Your support is needed now! Donate to keep the servers alive!

Share | 

Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-06-06, 10:16

While testing custom maps one by one we recognized that several are not working anymore.
It seems that some value update may be the root cause.
When loading a map the server crashes with "ED_Alloc: no free edicts" error.
This happens on the windows server too. The same error pops up in a small error box.

I will list the problematic maps/campaigns here:

"ED_Alloc: no free edicts" error

• Drop Dead Gorges (crashes right on the first map: ddg1_tower_v2)
  • Dead before Dawn 2 DC (crashes on the third map: l4d_dbd2dc_clean_up)

Other errors or bugs:

• Suicide Blitz 2 ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
    Should work now. I have removed the problematic campaigns. See the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more info.
  • Night Terror (crashed once at the end of map nt03_moria, starting map again worked. Maybe just a seldom error?)

Recently tested maps without major problems:

• Dead before Dawn 2 (just the event "closing the mall doors" took long to activate but then it worked)
  • We Don't Go To Ravenholm 2

Last edited by alBert2000 on 2013-09-13, 18:46; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-07-14, 23:49

Heaven can wait crashed in penultimate chapter, same spots everytime. I tested that map in singleplayer, not crashed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-07-15, 05:02

Thanks for testing and telling.
I assume you mean the L4D2 version of Heaven can wait  is crashing.
Oh and please add the server name on which it is crashing.
And the map name and number (none of the 5 maps in this campaign is penultimate)

I will have a look soon.
Maybe it is some incompatibility with another map.
Since it is the final version we only can remove this map when no other solution can be found.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-07-30, 11:59

We played "Detour Ahead" custom map in alServ2018 Coop Dyn a few days ago, server has an outdated version.

Would be nice if you could add some info message in server while we are connected, about the new updated map, where the "Hi X player" message appear , something similar as Coze´s server, Do you remember?, "Updated Custom Map X to version X.X".

So people will know that X map has been updated so people should download the new version. That a good idea to avoid surprises when we change for a custom map and player has a different map version.

What do you think about that?

About Heaven can Wait II map, I tested the map a few days ago, do not crash right now in CityHall chapter. At least in alServ2018 Coop Dyn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-07-30, 16:33

Thanks for the info.
I have updated Detour Ahead.
(alServ2019 needs a restart to activate the map but it is full of players at the moment)
See here for a sorted list of latest changed campaigns.
Campaigns without version info need to be checked if they are up to date.
For the others you could easily click the link to compare the version on l4dmaps.com

Some info in game could be nice.
I will think about how to do it best.
I don't want to change each config file for each server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-02, 11:47

I checked every custom map on servers 27018-27019 to know what maps need to be updated, here the list:

Left Behind
Urban Flight
We Don't Go To Ravenholm 2

The map Drop Dead Gorges stucks in loading screen when I use /sm_map or admin menu to change for that map, using /votemap command works properly.

Servers has two versions of the map SaltHell Park

* Other maps are up to date, servers has latest version, so you can add version info here

Here a list of missing custom maps on servers 27018-27019, (maybe some maps are on L4D1 servers), but listed Here:

Alien Trilogy: Section 1
Arena of the Dead 2
Back To School
Dead on Time 2
Clam Toll: A Death Toll Remake
Claustrophobia
Dead Before Dawn DC
DeadCity II
Death Toll Modified
Dead Echo 2
Dead High School
DeathIsland
Dead Line
Deadly Dispatch
Deathtripv4
Derailed
Disturbed in the Suburbs
Escape from Malabar
Fall in Death
Gas fever
GoldenEye 4 Dead
Heartbreak Fridge
I Hate Mountains 2
Innes Road Rash
Kokiri Forest
Lambda
Last HeartBeat
Last Summer
Left4Dust
LeftinChina
MIC
Never Ending War
No Way Out
Pasiri
RedemptionII
Resident Evil Outbreak
Ruination
Stenches
The Dark Parish
The Last Volt
Urban Underground
Wan Li
ZMB-13

Last edited by Killogy on 2013-08-02, 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-02, 12:19

Wow.
Thanks a lot for all your effort.
I will work on the results asap.

Well this list just shows which map is in which campaign.
It does not mean that the campaign is really installed.
So it can be used by others too.

There is still another "static" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I think the "static" list should be removed.
So that the dynamic overview always shows what really is installed.
Some of the campaigns in the "static" list like "Redemption 2" are buggy (causes pipe crossing problem in Suicide Blitz 2) so that they cannot be installed anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-02, 19:43

All done now^^
In the first map of Highway To Hell my client is crashing to the desktop after some time in the map.
Does this map work for someone?
The second map seems to be fine for me.
Server also has no problem, the map keeps running when my client crashed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-04, 17:36

Dam it 2! need to be updated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-04, 17:55

Lol.
Just finished updating everything and then a new version of Dam it 2 from yesterday.

Map is updated now. See here
(alServ2019 needs a restart)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-07, 10:56

"Drop Dead Gorges" and "Dead Before Dawn 2 DC" should work now.
See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-07, 11:48

"Fall in Death" has a strange bug in the first map.
If you connect when the first map is already running you will see only a picture instead of the game.
You can move and look around and shoot etc. but this steady picture is just overlaying everything.
When the first map is restarted then all currently connected clients are in game properly.
Maybe this problem comes because of the intro where also some pictures are shown.
Don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-08-19, 04:17

Highway To Hell need to be updated Highway To Hell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-09-10, 01:50

Maps updated:

Dead Series Dead Series

Maps updated alserv2020 server:

Whitaker's Gun Shop Roof Day/Night Modes Whitaker's Gun Shop Roof Day/Night Modes

-Helms Deep- Reborn -Helms Deep- Reborn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-09-10, 06:11

Thanks for the info.
Actually we wanted to keep the old helms deep because of the music inside.
But maybe it is better to install the newest one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-09-12, 21:48

Killogy wrote:
Maps updated:

Dead Series Dead Series

Maps updated alserv2020 server:

Whitaker's Gun Shop Roof Day/Night Modes Whitaker's Gun Shop Roof Day/Night Modes

-Helms Deep- Reborn -Helms Deep- Reborn
Updated all three maps now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-04, 11:58

Map updated: Day Break version 2.0 (complete) yesterday 3.10.2013
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-04, 18:05

Joshua wrote:
Map updated: Day Break version 2.0 (complete) yesterday 3.10.2013
Thanks for the info.
The v2 campaign has been installed and will work when the servers have been restarted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-05, 10:59

Could you please add Death Hour on your servers? It's a hard and challenging campaign that our players should try it.
Download Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-05, 11:25

Joshua wrote:
Could you please add Death Hour on your servers? It's a hard and challenging campaign that our players should try it.
Download Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for your request.
Campaign has been added.
Only alServ2016 needs a restart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-06, 09:20

Plan B is an awesome campaign that should exists on the servers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please add it albert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-06, 10:15

We can give it a try.
But beta and crash reports in the comments does not sound promising.
Ok, campaign is installed now and seems to work.
No crash.
But the servers need a restart. (Done)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-12, 17:14

Ruination--->A three-map campaign featuring a desolate metro station, a haunted ruin with randomised "nightmare" events and a helicopter finale.
Download: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Give it a try!!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joshua
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-29, 20:52

The Bloody Moors: A very new map released 2 hours ago on l4dmaps, we should give it a test and maybe we can give a review on that campaign on l4dmaps ^^
"Survivors have fled the USA to seek safety in England, but crash land on the bleak wind-swept Yorkshire moors and must fight through isolated old cottages and stables, a filthy canal and apartment building, an old cemetery and ruined church, a quarantined fishing village...and a long-buried Eldritch horror."
Trailer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Download: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   2013-10-30, 13:59

Some observations/questions/requests Very Happy 

First of all i noticed that one of my favourite campaigns, "Back To School" have been removed..is the campaign crashes because of some plugin or i'm guessing wrong?

About GunGame (i'm playing on 2021 and L4D servers most of the time since my return):
Sometimes the Tanks are invisible οn custom campaigns..this is a very random incident but it happens..i can't even see the molly's fire on them (and this isn't part of the specific Tank plugin i think)..on Questionable Ethics (another favourite) some weird blocks/walls appearing from time to time again randomly when Tanks are attacking..Also Tanks are dying (?) before appear more often than usual (it happens sometimes, right?)...
These issues maybe are caused by the latest Tank plugin but are very random and the plugin is so joyful (i'll test more on more customs)...

Some customs and original campaigns had many weird pink walls (like some graphics were missing) or big red errors around at some places..When i put "Valve's Missing Content Fix" in my addon folder the majority of these graphics errors were corrected (i will test again more campaigns/"Blight Path" had major problems!!!)

Another random issue that i noticed the last couple of days (not only at GunGame but in 2017 yesterday and not only on customs) is that some special infected were disappearing (maybe teleported away?!) right in front my eyes, the time we were ready to attack each other!!! That was also very rare (like the invinsible Tanks issue) but it happened!!! Shocked 

At last i would like to request to add GoldenEye 4 Dead in the list of custom campaign. It's a fine campaign which i would like to play on AlServers ^^
Maybe i could also propose the awesome, atmospheric, creepy (all these imo of course) Alien Trilogy: Section 1 and Silent Hill Deux but i understand that these maps could be proved too long and messy to be added Rolling Eyes  (never finish either of them Laughing )

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info   

Back to top Go down

Custom Campaign Investigation L4D2: Problems and other info
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next