PortalHomeCalendarGallerySearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Warning! Donations are getting less and less. Your support is needed now! Donate to keep the servers alive!

Share | 

Points System Exploit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GMagic96
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-27, 23:17

Killogy, about the fireworks, it doesn't call more zombies for its noise. I test it in single player and doesn't respawn more zombies.

Listen, I don't want that you think that I am the players that want have more points and more points and more and more... Only I use fireworks for killing more fast the horde.

If you are angry because you are waiting 2 minutes in the safe room because there are slower players, then leave the game. I was waiting some times in the safe room how 4 minutes, but I don't say at they that run or I am angry with they. Only I wait, because I understand that each player has got his rhythm. Other thing is the players that are camping for have more points and they will be banned or kicked or teleported.

Killogy and too for other players, I think that you are impatient. I think that you would have to be more understandable to the slower players.

Remember that the patience is a virtue. I want to say you that I can wait 5 minutes or more in the safe room or in the lift or other site because I understand that each player has got rhythm and a style game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 01:44

GMagic96 wrote:
And I think you should to be more understandable with 90% players who in game agree in considerate that your behaviour is camping, and you are blind to see that or unable to accept you are wrong in your perception.

I told it before, is not the first time players in-game, not only me, informed you about you was camping, even with no zombies, even Albert complained about it and told you, "what are you waiting for...? get in!!!" everyone was in saferoom, what do you want to protecting waiting hordes near saferoom? tiling, chairs, Wall painting....Shocked 

What you need, to know that the problems is in your behaviour ?, don´t call that TACTICAL.

Others are wrong? really? you have some internal problem. nobody in years, has complained about my game style, and while playing rest of players has complained about your camping near saferoom in 2 maps, near saferoom!!! waiting and waiting. I don´t have to understand nothing more.

Do not confuse things, the problem is not people going slow when they are moving around map (I waited a lot minutes and I have never complained about that, because I understand when is camping and when it is not), the problem are the players like you, camping in same place waiting for zombies even when there aren´t zombies, killing needlessly, excusing yourself saying is a tactical, waiting for IS, you did that at least 2 times when I was playing, and you was ignoring requests from players in saferoom.

When someone is asking and making comparison with others players about how many points everyone had and using XD, What is the point of that?, obsession for points thats the key. YEAHH Absurd "I have got 350 points XD", "I have got 286 XD, XD XD", Absurd !!!. I'm not inventing anything, I know what I read.

It seems that is what you like to see happen, take it care, before me or others players have to leave the game because of you, I prefer ban players like you, I don´t worry about your admin rights, maybe sooner or later you refresh your ideas. I told you before you get admin rights, when you asked me how to become an admin (another obsession), do not believe that becoming an admin you are protected against bans, if you behaviour is not correct or causes problems in game with other players, you will loose admin rights and will be banned anyway. I prefer 4 players happy, than 4 players angry and frustrated cause absurd waste of time that make happy to only one player.

You're the one who must adapt to the server rules or 95% of players, not the 95% or server rules to you or your own game style or camping.

So Albert if you have something to say me about as I want to resolve this behavior (with points system or without it) send me a PM, I have nothing more to say about this topic. You already know what is my opinion about some topics, before and now.

P.s: About points reset, I've thought about it again and I agree with R1ck and Bass-Ment™. Sometimes we repeat the same map and we lost all points fullhealing us, so we started with a few points, but we were able to finish the final map in expert difficulty the next time, we (Hell and me) had to repeat the map a lot times.

See ya.

Last edited by Killogy on 2013-10-28, 02:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudzon The Mad
Walking dead
Walking dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 01:54

MAKE CAMPING PUNISHABLE BUT KEEP THE POINTS!
Force admins into deciding whenever player is camping or not. Then inform that player, and if no use, then goodbye sir and have a nice day! Make a HUGE Ad ON THE SERVER "infobox", or a tiny one but to inform players of the rules and so they would know that camping will not be tolerated.

I personally love the points system very much, and i dont want to see this system go down the hill only because of a couple abusers that are exploiting this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FresH MeaT
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 08:18

Don't camp near the saferoom and will be good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 08:21

Just want to warn everybody.
Next time any camping will result in ban.
Serveral players are very upset about that.
So there will be no further discussion, just ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GMagic96
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 09:33

Killogy, I never complain about your style game and I never complain about rush style.

Killogy, calm down, only we are talking about our different styles, nothing more. Remember that it is a game. Well, I don't want discuss more about it. Do that you think best.

I say you another time that the points for me is nothing because I am play in realism servers and this servers haven't got system points.

For me, you can remove the system points, I don't need it.

Only I go out of the safe room when there is a player that doesn't arrive yet. And about to the lift I never camping (how you say that we are doing, that for me is playing tactical), I never camping when there isn't a horde for wait that respawn more special infected and more horde for have more points, I never do it. Mad 

How I said you, I only camping when respawn a horde for resist agains the horde. I used this tactical when I was playing in other server with some friends on expert.

I will try to don't playing tactical (or camping how you say). Another thing Killogy, you can use other words for say me it, it isn't necessary to disrespect me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 09:47

I don't see any disrespect.
Just trying to say the same thing over and over again.
And now I say this discussion is finished.
Playing any style which annoys multiple other players will no longer be tolerated.
The sword is drawn now.
Older admins have precedence and I will backup their decisions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudzon The Mad
Walking dead
Walking dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 13:01

Gmagic, You should not mistake camping near/by the elevator, or camping in elevator protecting your teammates from multiple waves of CI and SI buy shooting them down with your m60 or a snipe. No1 ever will complain about that as long as you dont pause the campaing.

And im pretty sure with when you got puked by Boomer when ur visibility is minimal, no one will complain about you crouching down and knifing their asses close by in the corner, because crap happens. There are moment when "camping" is the only way to survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 15:00

Already answered him via PM about his perception about the blindness, he thinks that I was disrespect him because I used "Blind" when I´m tried to explain over and over again, why I thinks he is blind, because he attempts to convince others "its a tactical not camping" and I mentioned two examples where he was the protagonist.

2 or 3 times, all survivors was in saferoom then he came to refill weapon then he goes out 10 metres far from saferoom waiting for IS then refill again and camping again. He did that in 2 or 3 game session, differents map, all team was in saferoom except him, so that´s why I used Blind, because if he thinks that´s a tactical not rushing, then he is blind and he can´t see or he dont want to see what others are seeing. 2 or 3, other players ended up doing the same, because they saw that he did.

Not me only, rest players complained about that, not the first time, and he has misunderstood my words, he is taking it personally, but I speak in general, about that behaviour not the person.

Albert was there watching him out saferoom waiting for hordes coming to kill them when all was in saferoom (no need to kill anything to protect nothing/no one) then was not tactical except for him.

And as admin you already are, you should not do something annoying to others, call it tactical or whatever you call, think of others and not so much on yourself.

I haven´t more to see about this topic, public or private.

If I think someone is camping, then I will teleport him and maybe I will reset his points, if he continues to doing the same, then I will slay him, he continues ? then I will ban him.

See ya.

Last edited by Killogy on 2013-10-28, 15:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gudzon The Mad
Walking dead
Walking dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 15:08

Killogy wrote:
If I think someone is camping, then I will teleport him and maybe I will reset his points, if he continues to doing the same, then I will slay him, he continues ? then I will ban him.

^^^^
That!
I think that is a perfect solution against camping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GMagic96
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 17:05

I know that you don't like the camping, but how all games of first person shooter, is a part of game and very players use it.

I end this topic saying that isn't necessary that prohibit it at 100%. Only that puts a restriction that a player can use it for some moments but don't abuse it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tron
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 17:10

autumn, night, rain, zombies, the great I am standing in the elevator, and waits... why? 9 noobs running around the swamp and fun to shoot in zombies... CAMPERS!!! ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban (9 bans...)!
OR... 9 newbies sit in the elevator (and me too), but a professional virtuoso fires back from the hordes of ... Camper ban or not ...
I love the smell of napalm in the morning and in the evening I love ban

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 17:28

I have found the perfect solution:
Campers should play on the survival server!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tron
Running dead
Running dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 17:30

ha ha ha and one more HA!
Laughing 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenothris
Admin Bronie

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-28, 17:34

I should join some games to see all the problems, looks heavy for me cyclops

Ok the points problems, well we may found a solution but rest ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-30, 19:16

I just played "The Parish" on 2018 and i started with 240 points!!!
I dunno why. I thought that we 're starting with 30 points each map!
For the history: once, a couple months ago i joined the "Cold Stream" campaign with 1840 points (Shocked !!!!Shocked ), i swear on my life on this! Maybe i took the place of somone who left the same time? Maybe the same happened now? But we changed the campaign so the points just erased....
That's all for now! Peace! Very Happy

alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-30, 19:27

Points have not been modified till now.
All we had are discussions about various options.

You may get points when you join because it is just assigned via client user id.
If another player with same client user id before left with points, you will get those points.
This plugin does not use steam id or something like that to identify players.
It is just assigning points to client user id.
You can see your client user id when you type "status" in console (it is the userid column with low numbers 1,2,3...)

But I never saw such a high number^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bass-Ment™
Running Dead
Running Dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-10-30, 21:25

Oh! OK, i see! Thanks for the clarification! Very Happy 
About the "1840 points" story no one of the fellow players believed me then and probably no one believes me now (if someone told me that, i wouldnt believe him either Laughing ), hehehe! but it's a fact!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Zack Zack Pinkie Pie
Walking dead
Walking dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2013-11-10, 20:19

alBert2000 wrote:
Last time I saw this "strategy" myself^^
Zack and Gmagic stayed behind.
All were in safe house, even the limping ones.
Then they started and both get caught by SI.
One after the other.
Seems to be not so efficient sometimes^^
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/mistar_z/
alBert2000
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2014-09-11, 18:12

I've now spent some effort to fix the point system bug which still seems to be exploited very often.

Now the points should be reset whenever you change to any other campaign.
So the exploit to transfer your points to another campaign should no longer work (at least I hope so).

Some time ago we had a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] about that exploit.
And at that time we have added a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to forbid exploiting weakness of plugins.

So whenever you see players exploiting any server weakness like that or spreading the news about exploits:

• report them
  • kick them
  • ban them
  • tell us the weakness/exploit so that we could try to fix it

Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killogy
sprinting dead
sprinting dead

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   2014-09-12, 00:13

Tested, "points exploit bug" is fixed now.

nice job Very Happy

See ya
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points System Exploit   

Back to top Go down

Points System Exploit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2